A slab leak is one of the most difficult to find. Many homeowners do not realize they have this problem until damage has been done. Knowing the warning signs a home needs Slab Leak Repair in Tuscaloosa AL is crucial. Prompt repairs will help to prevent major foundation damage from occurring which could compromise the structural stability of a home.
Signs a Slab Leak Is Occurring
A slab leak is one that occurs under the concrete slab of a home. Because it occurs deep under the flooring, it can often go undetected for weeks or even months. Thankfully, there are some signs homeowners can watch for to determine if their home needs Slab Leak Repair in Tuscaloosa AL.
- Higher water bills are often one of the first things homeowners notice. When a home’s water bills are rising higher, this means there is a leak somewhere in the home. Calling in the professionals for an inspection is crucial.
- A feeling of warmth under the flooring of a home can signal a hot water slab leak. When hot water is rushing out under the floor, this is a problem that requires immediate attention.
- Homeowners may notice their hot water heater seems to continuously be filling with water. This will occur if the slab leak is a hot water one. It can also signal hot water heater problems are present so it is best to call a plumber.
- A slab leak may cause the sound of running water, even when there is no water on in the home. If running water is occurring under the floor, a slab leak is to blame and it needs to be repaired or it could cause major water damage.
- Foundation damage is common when a slab leak has been in place for a long time. Seeing cracks or changes to the foundation should alert a homeowner to call a plumber right away.
Schedule an Appointment
The plumbers have the right tools to find a slab leak without tearing up your flooring. For more information on these services, Browse Turnerplumbinginc.com. They are the plumbing professionals you can fully rely on.